Course material, handbooks and other relevant material based on the ASQA courses are already in place and updated to meet the needs of individual customers (these course are not offered to the general public).
The Academy’s Wine Educator is Michael Quirk, who has been educating for over 25 years in the Wine, Hospitality, Sales & Marketing trade both here in Australia and oversea’s at a range of high profile accredited Training organisation around Australia.
The objectives of the McWilliam’s Academy of Wine is to provide professional, accredited wine education services in order to;
- contribute to the development and dissemination of professional wine knowledge to the wine and hospitality industries nationally;
- encourage and nurture budding enthusiasts to place the triumph of a ‘Wine Career’ in our hands;
- create awareness that the McWilliam’s brand delivers more than just wine: history, education, technology and masters of wine;
- be recognized as the ‘first choice’ in preferred wine schools of Australia;
- demystify ‘wine’ to the community as a health benefit with moderate consumption;
- encourage consumers, through education, to appreciate the consumption of wine with food as an acceptable lifestyle activity that has the potential of improving quality of life.
- Gain acceptance in key trade influences.
The McWilliam’s Wines Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (No: 90967) provides the following introductory and intermediate tier courses:
- Certificate I – Bronze Level Wine Knowledge
- Certificate II – Silver Level Wine Knowledge
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) SITHFAB201 – Approved Training Provider – OLGR- NSW, QLD, WA, SA and NT.
As an Approved Programme Provider (APP) for the internationally recognised Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) of London, McWilliam’s Wines Academy offers the following qualification WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits (Certificate III – Gold Level in Wine Knowledge): ALL TRADE ENQUIRIES MUST CONTACT THEIR AREA MANAGERS FOR DETAILS.